It's been quite enlightening as to how many of the northern persuasion reside so deep in the south and basically look at those of us who speak with no accent (none that I can notice) with disdain and ask, "Where are you from?!" Exclamations are required after all Yankee quotes since they speak at least 10 decibels above what would be considered yelling in the South. I can see where Lewis Grizzard gets so much of his inspiration for stories about his northern friends. Oh well I'm sure we Southerners must have some irritating habits that bug Yankees, and I can only hope to keep doing it what ever it may be.
Susan's working at a medical office and taking tax classes at night. The classes will be complete by the time we will probably be shipped out of here, so any of y'all out there who actually made money this past year can just give her a call. I personally am trying to find some loophole so I can write off this past year as a charitable contribution to the Uncle Sam tax fund. Not even a thank you note!
We aren't real adept at keeping in touch with all of you during the year, but just know that we think of each and every one of you during the year and wish that whatever hell hole we get shipped out to by Hardin Construction that you could be close to us (especially when we're unloading the moving truck!) I'd say the Ellijay post office is taking bets as to where our next change of address is going to be for. It's been a real challenge, but I must give credit to the ability of my creditors to keep up with my movements. So if you get inspired and want to drop us a line, just send it to our Ellijay address and it along with all my bills should keep up with me.
Melissa and Carrie are shooting up like weeds to the point that Susan has to go and retrieve her clothes and accessories from the girls closet daily and the adage that possession is nine tenths of the law has become useful in the kids case. Melissa is nearing the dreaded teen years and Carrie might as well be because them staying in the same room all this time has made their attitudes very similar in may ways. Their tastes aren't real outlandish and though I'm not crazy about New Kids on The Block and Mike Hammer, they are definitely my choice over Motley Crew and a few others I've seen while broadening my horizons and watching MTV.
Well time to close, as my typing skills cause me more stress than watching a Alfred Hitchcock show. Just want you all to know that even though you might not hear from us but maybe once a year, we hold our friendship with you as something which will never be diminished by either time or distance. Hope you and all your families are doing well and that you can spend a wonderful and Merry Christmas together.
Hope to see you all soon,
The Tidwells,
Buddy & Susan
Carrie & Melissa
Happy Holidays!!!!!
