Friday, December 19, 2025

2025

 

Welcome to the 36th Edition of the Tidwell overview of surviving another year!! WooHooo!!!

   I looked back at last years ramblings and saw it poured forth on the 18th of December and this years is the 17th so I am ahead of schedule….a RARE event for someone who made a “living” in the construction  industry. All my previous project manager acquaintances  will be holding their hearts in disbelief. Speaking of PM’s…..both my daughters now hold that “auspicious” title now…….oh how the Tidwell clan of carpenters are shaking their heads….what have we come to??? :>)

   Just returned from our now annual adventure with all the close clan up at Sevierville, TN and Dollywood. Always a trip to look forward to and spend some time with the new and ever changing family configurations. I always waited to try and write my Christmas missive after our trip as Dollywood, with its Christmas lights and music would lift my spirits…..but when I returned home this year and was sitting watching the fire early one morning post trip….I asked myself…Self….what of all the things that happened  on our trip really put a smile on my face literally… I ran across the events and it was the interaction with the smallest of the clan….the great grandchildren…their relating to each other and with the adults and the joy I felt when a little one would come over to me, grab me by the finger and lead me to something they wanted to share or needed assistance with, or watching the older great grandkids playing in the pool (yes the cabin had a indoor pool…free with admission…uh huh) and were throwing around what I call  a wiffle ball (old timers thing) and my grandson-in-law Matt was in the pool with the grand kids and Lily (7 years old) threw an arching pitch and just as Matt’s head broke the water…the ball bounced off his head…I clapped and laughed for some time and Matt grinned at the odds. THESE are what make me happy.

  My family at this time of year are always asking me…What do ya want for Christmas, and for the last year my standard answer is “This is fine… or This is Good” .Melissa actually got me a coffee mug last year that says those two things. So by “This” I mean…my life with my family…..THAT is all  I want or need. They ALL make me Happy and make my life fulfilled…and I am sure many of you are the same. The Family’s health and well being are paramount to me and there are NO material goods that come close to bringing me this level of happiness.

  Well enough of me rambling..The family here are all doing well at The Tidwell Compound which consists of a good handful of kinfolk that live here within a rocks throw either in this holler or another of our house. The parts of the family that aren’t yet here are not far away and I imagine at some point they will join the party also.

   Susan is busy quilting and selling some quilts on Etsy (NO IRS we did NOT make any profit!!) I piddle in the shop and try and maintain firewood stores as mother nature furnishes me with supplies during the year. Added a mini-excavator to the homestead tool shed this year as the logs were getting too big to handle and I felt it would be of benefit to all in the neighborhood…that’s my story for Susan!!.

   Susan and I took a trip out west with the camper last Spring and visited some locations we hadn’t been to as yet and enjoyed a safe trip all the way out as far as California. Enjoyed it but as always, was good to get back home too. The shorter trips are a little easier to handle as far as prep and trepidations of…What could go wrong…

   Hope all y’all are doin well and making the most of the gift we are given called Life. It’s always a roll of the dice as to what will come our way, and I tell you…..we here at the Tidwell homestead feel VERY blessed for family and you our friends near and far.

   Love ya…and come visit if ya have time and inclination…Till next Christmas…..Buddy and Susan