Another year comes to an end and time to update one and all
on the happenings in the kingdom of the Tidwells, one that is growing
exponentially ($2 word with inflation). Good news we are all still hanging in
and paying taxes with all the other good minions, Bob, Stewart, and Kevin. I do plan on a reduction in tax paying in the
not too distant future so best get all they can out of me now. I proudly am a
AARP card carrying coot and have been known to get a senior menu handed to me
without asking….then again Susan was with me at the time….Hmmmm?
The whole clan just
got back from the second annual escape to Dollywood last weekend and got to see
it covered in snow which was pretty cool…. literally. I believe all had a good time and I left the
area with a nice boost to their recovery efforts from last years fires. Money
well spent with some good folks.
Currently I am
enjoying building another Loves Travel Center
that is located in Hanson , Kentucky
about 2 hours above Nashville .
Susan and I were up in this area several years back building some Navy Federal
Credit Unions and knew the area and still hold our prized Library Cards from
the local libraries……Susan had to renew hers for Clarksville after we got up
here and when she told the folks at the library we were now in Kentucky, they
said, close enough…..GOOD FOLKS!
As for our kids….
Melissa and Keith are empty nesters of sorts but the kin do tend to return to
the nest at times and when they all get together it’s quite the menagerie of
stories to listen to from their jobs and just life in general. Susan LOVES to
just sit and watch all the interaction of the grankids and loving the fact that
they all get along well. There are some weddings coming up next year and a new
addition that will put me in the Great Grandad category….instead of the
mediocre Grandad where I have been for about 23 years or so.
Carrie and Daniel
are watching our house for us while they are having a custom “Tiny House”
built. Should be an interesting adventure to watch as Susan and I have had our
house on wheels for many years now due to my ramblings in construction.
Although the little condo in Key West
was a nice variation I enjoyed when working down there. Carrie and Daniel have places they want to
see and live and I look forward to the stories to be shared over the years.
As always part of
the joy over the years is the folks we have met in our travels and our home
folks that we have as our base when we do get home. We follow many on Facebook
and still receive more than a few reciprocal Christmas cards from each year.
Last year a good friend heeded my comment on the cost of stamps and in his card
to us included several books of stamps that we are using this year for mailing
out this letter and card. Not that all of you should feel the need to send
stamps……….cash or gift cards are always welcome….just sayin….
We will be traveling home for Christmas in a
few days and I look forward to sitting in front of the fire and reflecting on
the many blessings I have been given in my life. Ones job tends to make you
forget all that you have in your family and friends that are worth more than
anything else. But just so you know, you are all thought of more than you know
and reflected on as what is good in this world. Thanks so much for letting us
be a part of your extended family and know that you will always be part of
ours. In a couple of years when there is
a better chance I will be at home, I hope you can make time to come and visit
our mountain home and let me show you around the mountains my family enjoys
coming back to from wherever our travels take us. There is a warm fire in the winter and a cool
stream waiting for you whenever you can come visit.
Hope you all have a Very Merry
Christmas and know we Love You All …………. Buddy and Susan
