Merry Christmas Y’all!! 2022
Welcome to the 33rd edition of
the Tidwell Seasonal Ramblins to catch you up on the this and that’s that have
filled our days for the past year. And
to let you know we are still around and kickin, but with somewhat less reach.
Though I did get a new improved right hip this past August that is just Dandy!!
Now the wife and kids have strict instructions to get not only the gold crowns
when my time comes, but the Titanium hip assembly!!! I have some value now!!!
Woohoooo!!
This year’s edition is one of my worst procrastination editions in 33 years as it
has just been one of those years where it has been hard to get in the spirit.
We took our annual Dollywood Christmas
trip with most of the family, but not all, as conflicts in schedules were an
issue and will probably be that way from now on as the family is invested in
their own lives and commitments. And of course it was drizzling rain and cold
while we were there, but it was still good to get to spend time with loved
ones. But just couldn’t feel the spirit….
But just today when checking the mail
I got a card from one of my best friends as a kid growing up in Cascade Heights
in Atlanta. He shared his family’s picture and it put a smile on my face and in
my heart to see a friend I haven’t seen in 50 years. He had reached out to me
earlier when my high school class of 1971 had the 50th class reunion
and he saw my name and e-mail address I had shared. He sent me an e-mail and I
was so happy to share some time with him by way of e-mails and shared family
stories. So when his Christmas Card came in I was overjoyed. The threads that
are woven into our lives that make us who we will be are strong still I am
happy to say!
Susan’s
50th reunion was this past year also and it was good to see many
friends we both had from her class that knew us when we were dating up in Blue
Ridge and McCaysville. Great folks!!
Our
daughters are doing great in many ways. Both live next to us here on the
Tidwell compound, as does our grandson Kyle with his family of Allison his
wife. and our great grandson Maverick who is 3 this year and full of surprises
as all 3 year olds are. He has a very
inquisitive mind and it is so entertaining to watch him study something he sees
and try and figure out it’s workings.
Melissa
and Keith are full into the grand parenting of their two grandkids, Maverick 3,
and Lilly who is 4. They spend a LOT of energy just trying to keep up with
them. We know our limits and just smile and sneak out to go home after the
parties get past our bed time at about 7pm….. or earlier.
Carrie and Daniel have been
experiencing working with a contractor on getting their new home built just
down the hill from us towards the creek. We listen to the struggles and I smile
and say, “ Welcome to my world for the past 50 years!” But they are getting
closer and the ongoing joke that has lost some of its humor is asking when the
house will be done per the contractor….. “Sooooon….” Yeah, heard that one a few
times in my career.
Susan
and I haven’t done much traveling this year for this and that reason, mostly because of my
scheduled hip replacement but we have hopes for next year!!! Seems I have been
saying that a lot since I
retired…………..Sooooon!!
My other grandchildren, Sarah, Rae,
and Madison, along with their significant others, Matt, Koby, and Alex
respectively, are all doing well and pursuing their life’s pursuits also close by but not next door to
us…….yet. Madison and Alex being the exception who are working up in D.C. I
just give them time till the lure of family and the mountains pulls them here
like it has all the rest of the clan.
I am blessed more than I deserve to
have all my family close. Even my sister is next door above me up the mountain.
When someone is out on the porch and needs something we can all just holler and
most of the family can hear each other…….who needs Verizon………we just holler at
the Horizon!!
We hope all of your families are doing
well and we want you to know we don’t just think of y’all at Christmas, you are
our friends for life and are with us every day of the year. But we would Love
to have you drop by and see us when you are in the area, any time of year. We
hope to get out and come see y’all also if you don’t mind us pulling up
someday. We will call first……………Sooooon!!
Love you ALL!!!!! Susan and Buddy

