Welcome to the 34th year of my middle of the night ramblings (as in Georgia Tech ramblings that is!) to keep you informed as to the goins on here at our home in the hills of Georgia. The Tech reference is to let you recall I am a person who has learned humility being a Tech fan and once a Tech “Rat” as a freshman was called, and this year the football team is doing better than the Falcons and made a good showing against the less than humble Georgia Mutts. Yeah, we are humble but doesn’t mean we aren’t proud. THWG!!! Gotta watch those Elephants huh? HeeHee….But I digress…..I’m old and allowed to do such things…..On with the summary of 2023 from an Old Tidwell relic…me….Turned 70 this year….Geeeezzzz!
As time brings more often now, lost some dear friends this past year and Susan and I will miss them dearly, but will continue to share stories of them for our remaining years with others so that their lives go on. I find myself spending more time reflecting on these folks gone, but their memories still bring a smile and warmth from times gone by.
Another thing that brings a smile is watching as the “clan” grows in numbers and in life experiences adding to their own Life’s resume, which makes them who they are in this world. We now have 3 great grandchildren, 2 girls and a boy with another boy coming…..soooooon, to even the playing field. Thanks all ya’ll for keeping up the Clan’s numbers at the dinner table at Thanksgiving as we have lost a few over the years.
Our daughters and their families are doing well and adding to their life’s stories quite well and we rejoice in getting time to sit with them and listen to all their activities of their families, be they small or large….all entertaining from a perspective of, “yeah, been there done that…survived and sometimes got the tee shirt” or a few bruises. Sooooooo glad to have both our daughters and their families close by, one next door and the other just down the hill toward the creek. Thanks Mom and Dad for the property that has kept us all together since you bought it in 1953, and for bringing me into the world that same year, by accident or not…..;>)
The grandkids are ALL picking up the pace of building their life’s resume’s also and it is hard to keep up with it all, just like today’s technologies. But Susan and I are avid fans of all they pursue. What they all do in life as far as jobs sometimes is puzzling but I applaud them all for their creativity in finding their niche in a world that changes so drastically every day. I am just so glad that Susan and I are here to take it in and try to be supportive, whether we understand it or not.
Susan and I didn’t take a lot of camping trips this year, just enjoyed being at home and taking some short trips to the Smokies. The kids got us a get away trip to a fancy hotel at Dollywood for our 50th wedding anniversary this past year…..Yeah……..50 years …wow….I always told people Susan was a VERY tolerant person, but she should get some kind of award for this!! Anyway…we enjoyed the trip and the party they had for us back in July.
But let me wrap up my rambling by letting you know that you may only get one letter a year from us, but believe me you are thought of ALL year long and always with a smile as all your parts in our life’s resume are precious to us and can never be diminished by time or distance. And when we get Christmas cards, even from used car salesman I haven’t bought a truck from in 25 years, that card get’s put on the mantle, so those are appreciated also.
Love you ALL and hope your Christmas this year brings some warmth to your heart and happiness. Try and remember the good times, but know even on less than happy days….there’s some folks up here in the hills of Georgia that Love you and think of you………..ALL the time….. Susan and Buddy

